Thursday 1 July 2010

Leaving the Arctic - It`s now south all the way!

My goal for the first part of this journey was to reach Prudhoe Bay and dip my toe in the Arctic Ocean. As you have seen, it was much more demanding and challenging than I ever imagined. I must admit, my night in Prudhoe was didn`t involve much sleep!I was very apprehensive about the return journey. My room mate Austin felt the same but he couldn`t wait to get out of there. At 3.00 a.m. he was up and gone! I left at about 6.00 a.m. and the weather, if anything, was worse. The dalton was relentless in its challenges to the bitter end. And, in the end the score was:- Dalton Highway 1 Intrepid Biker 0.


2 comments:

  1. Hi Brian Character building stuff eh? This chapter of the book will be great! Just back from my sailing break in Greece with the Boyz with an average 30 degrees C :-) (no gravel roads, fog or rain and I never wore underpants once!) The blog is looking really good and very professional. Half a dozen of my mates are watching daily so keep up the good work. Brilliant!
    Cheers Mick

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Brian, great to have met you a few days ago on your journey south through Canada. We got home to Edmonton Saturday afternoon after more problems with my GS, Wendy's Spyder performed brilliantly.

    We both wish you every success on your travels, and we'll be sure to follow your progress South. Take care & hope the underpants are holding up!

    Brian & Wendy

    ReplyDelete

The Route

The Route